Monday, May 9, 2011

Movie Review: Thor - Starring Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins & Natalie Portman

Cover of "Thor: Son of Asgard (Thor (Grap...

Yup, this weekend was movie weekend. I worked hard in the kitchen (got a few cuts while working with the knife to prove it) and I watched movies. Well 2 movies. "Limitless" that I wrote about yesterday and "Thor", is what I watched today.

Did I like the movie: Hell yeah!!!! Like I said earlier on in some post or the other, I love anything thats not real!! Movies based on Marvel Comics.....even better. I loved Iron Man, Iron Man 2 not so much, but I still liked it. Thor.....mmmm was great fun. The movie is well made, starts of fantastically with Thor landing on earth immediately followed up with a flashback of how he ended up being on earth powerless etc. Story moves on at a remarkably good pace. 






Chris Hemsworth as Thor as depicted in the upc...
Chris Hemsworth as "THOR"


Chris Hemsworth is (to put it simply) scrumptiously deliciously yummy. I mean if there were a Thor, Chris Hemsworth is him. He so fit the role. All that muscle power, that "i'm gonna take you to bed" looks, He's definitely the oomph factor for me in the movie (other than the fact that its a movie based on a marvel character). Here's some drool factor for us ladies.

Anthony Hopkins !!! What can I write about a man that is a legend. He's is phenomenal. His acting flawless, looks perfect in the role of Odin.

Loki is portrayed well too, his character as one of a prankster & convincing liar was played beautifully by Tom Hiddleston.


Tom Hiddleston as "Loki"
Finally we have our lovestruck astrophysicist "Jane Foster", character played by Natalie Portman. She's played her part well enough I'd say. She looks pretty, seems completely lovestruck with Thor, etc etc....so its works out beautifully.



The yummy Thor bidding Jane farewell
as he returns to Asgard (ofcourse he promises
to return for her)
Anthony Hopkins as "Odin"
Jaimie Alexander as "Sif"
So that said, the movie is definitely a theatre (3D) watch. I loved it and will watch it again I'm sure of it. My best moment in the movie was when Sif (character played by Jaimie Alexander), jumps up and stakes the destroyer sent by Loki to kill Thor on earth. That scene was perfect.

Watch on below......


Those of you that are comic book fans, if you are wondering why Thor is kissing Jane and not Sif, well as the Jaimie explains in the video, they took a more modern approach to Thor's love interest in the movie. It works out well in the end so its ok.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment