Sunday, May 8, 2011

Movie Review: Limitless - Starring Bradley Cooper & Robert De Niro

Its my two-pence opinion, so if you haven't watched the movie and watch to keep an open mind about it etc etc, stop reading right here (like hell yeah....you never gonna be able to do that)

So after reading about this movie from a friends blog post and another friends FB update, I decided I would give it a shot. Both said the exact opposite things, so I wanted to see for myself. Anyways, got the movie and watched it. Now if you don't know anything else about me, you should know this, anything that is not real fascinates me. My mind doesn't like the mundane everyday stories of loved and lost or hardships and trials and crap of that sort. I mean yes, they might make a good watch, but life is crappy enough without movies making your heart sink with every twist in the plot.



Limitless, talks about a untested, street drug that lets the user use 100% of his brain. As we all know as humans we don't use all of our brain power. So this drug is meant to get those juices flowing in max output, making the user of the drug super smart and intelligent and all of that stuff. So our main lead Bradley Cooper is a loser who aspires to be a writer and then one day starts on this drug..blah blah blah.....much later he realizes it could cause him to die as many other users had die or were in hospital beds waiting to die. In the course of his ride to intelligence he runs into a local thug and Robert De Niro who's some businessman into mergers and shit (i think..i kinda was losing interest by this point).


Now here are my moments of disappointment with the movie:

  • Incomplete research done on that brain power shit (as pointed out by my blogger friend)
  • A gf who's portrayed as a fair weather girl. She leaves him when he's in the dumps, returns back to him when he's run into luck, then dumps him when she realizes that all his luck came from a drug and then at the end of the movie, he running for senator and there she is by his side again!!
  • I'm not much of a Bradley Cooper fan sorry *so he kept killing the movie for me*
  • Story was kinda predictable from the point he took that drug. You can pretty much tell what'll happen next.
Up moments:
  • Robert De Niro - AWESOME as always
  • The narration was good, so kudos to Bradley Cooper on that one.
  • The movies does have a few moments and its definitely watchable at least once. I wouldn't call its a theatre watch though. Get yourself a DVD and watch it at home.
If you haven't watched the movie and read until here, well don't expect a sorry, I told you right at the start to leave lol
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment